Batching/Process Technician – Full Time
SCHEDULE: Wednesday 11:00PM to 5:00AM and Thursday through Saturday 5:00PM to 5:00AM (40 hour week) REPORTS TO: Director of Quality SUMMARY: Preparing the batches for various products from raw ingredients for use on the production lines.
- Accurate completion of documents and posting of tank contents.
- Maintain batching supplies and materials.
- Verify that all equipment is properly cleaned and in good working order before starting a batch.
- Accurately prepare, measure, weigh and mix all ingredients staged or charged while on duty.
- Verify the correct batch timing with Production Line Supervisors before batching.
- Perform analytical testing of product at the production line to ensure product meet specifications
- Assist in liaising with customers and suppliers, where impacting/affected by batching issues
The ideal candidate will have a minimum 2 years experience in a batching, culinary or related field. Ability to follow recipes, weigh, measure and mix ingredients with accuracy is necessary in this position.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- College or trade school courses in microbiology, chemistry or culinary preferred
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required and used daily.
- Prior experience working in a food/beverage manufacturing environment.
- Advanced interpersonal skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in English language required.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves long periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, and reaching for the duration of the shift. Work involves lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; seatbelt use, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, and protective footwear. Oversized fitting clothes, sleeveless shirts, open toe shoes, and jewelry including piercing are not permitted to be worn.