Technical Services Technician I
Schedule: Wednesday 11:00PM to 5:00AM and Thursday, Friday, Saturday 5:00PM to 5:00AM Reports to: Director, Technical Services PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Is assigned one of the following primary operations: filler operation, batching operation and/or kitter operation.
- Execute production line filler operations and assist with production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Verify accuracy of batch ingredients and ensure all equipment is cleaned before starting a batch.
- Carry out complete analytical testing of product at both the in-process and finished goods stages to ensure the meeting of food safety and quality standards
- Perform sanitation clean in place (CIP) operations as needed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or
- Prior experience in a laboratory setting, batching or filler equipment operation required.
- Proficiency with computers and navigating computer programs is required.
- Prior experience in a food or beverage manufacturing or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in aseptic technique and/or micro platting technique preferred.
- College coursework in Chemistry or Biology preferred.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- GMP, GLP, data system entry experience preferred.
- Fluent in English language required.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves long periods of standing/walking. Work may involve bending, twisting, reaching, kneeling, pulling/pushing and lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Work may involve exposure to chemicals. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective footwear, hardhats and full face or PAPR respirator when handling specific chemicals. Loose fitting clothes, sleeveless shirts, shorts, skorts, skirts, capri pants (3/4 length pants), open toe shoes, and jewelry are not permitted.