Quality Control Technician
Schedule: Wednesday 11:00PM to 5:00AM and Thursday, Friday, Saturday 5:00PM to 5:00AM
Reports to: Quality Control Manager
Execute complete analytical testing of product at both the in-process and finished goods stages to ensure food safety and quality standards are met.
- Execute complete analytical testing of product at both the in-process and finished goods stages to ensure food safety and quality are met.
- Perform microbiological testing on source, in-process, finished goods, environmental air and surface sampling.
- Assist in daily, weekly, monthly and yearly source, in-process and finished good product testing for subsequent reporting to Federal and State agencies.
- Stock, receive, label, log and inventory lab supplies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- College coursework in Chemistry or Biology preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Prior experience in laboratory setting preferred.
- Prior experience in aseptic technique and/or micro platting technique preferred.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly with minimal supervision in fast paced environment.
- GMP, GLP, data system entry experience preferred.
- Proficiency in English language required.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves long periods of standing/walking. Work may involve bending, twisting, reaching, kneeling, pulling/pushing and lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes, sleeveless shirts, shorts, skorts, skirts, capri pants (3/4 length pants), open toe shoes, and jewelry are not permitted.