Schedules: All shifts available - overtime on weekends may be required based on staffing needs Reports To: Manufacturing Manager PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Loading and unloading, as well as lifting and positioning heavy loads of materials onto shelves, stacking and other types of transport.
SCHEDULES AVAILABLE: Monday- Friday 8am-4:30pm; Sunday-Wednesday 5am-5pm; Wednesday-Saturday 5pm-5am
- Health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability after 30 days of employment. Company pays 65% of health premium for employees and their family.
- Company paid Life insurance equivalent to 1 year salary
- 401k participation after 90 days ($1:$1 company match up to 3% after 1 year)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance and Education discounts
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Company uniform and protective footwear allowance
- Recognition program, quarterly bonus program, skilled based increases, shift differentials and more!
- Forklift operation and basic maintenance of the forklift
- Operation includes lifting, moving and positioning heavy loads of materials between shelves, stacking or onto another type of transport
- Loading and un-loading products from trailers using forklift and other material handling equipment
- Provide and deliver raw materials to production lines as needed
- Assist with pallet tags and store products in designated areas within the warehouse
- Inspection of products and trailers to ensure that quality standards are met
- Inspection of forklift at the start and end of each shift
- Identify and report faulty equipment, damages, and safety concerns to the supervisor
- Participation in annual forklift certification training
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent
- Possess a valid Driver’s license
- 1 year forklift experience on double wide, high reach, and stand-up models preferred
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery
- Proficiency in English language required
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves long periods of sitting/driving for the duration of the shift. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Work may involve exposure to chemicals. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: seatbelt use, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective footwear, and hardhats. Clothing must be free of any frays, tears, strings, or embellishments. For safety reasons, clothing should not be oversized, or extremely loose fitting and shorts, if worn, should be a modest length. Employees are required to wear USH company logo shirts and protective footwear. Sleeveless shirts, open toe shoes, and jewelry are not permitted.