Industrial Maintenance Technician
SCHEDULE: NIGHTSHIFT Wednesday 11:00pm to 5:00am & Thursday to Saturday 5:00pm to 5:00am (40 hour week) REPORTS TO: Manufacturing Manager SUMMARY: Responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of facility machinery.
Schedule: Wednesday 11:00pm to 5:00am & Thursday through Saturday 5:00PM to 5:00AM
Perform preventative and predictive maintenance, repair and installation of machinery and equipment, advanced diagnostic troubleshooting, as well as fabrications, complete tear-down, rebuild and re-manufacture of machinery and related systems.
Benefits & Incentives
- Health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability and voluntary life after 30 days of employment. Company pays 65% of health premium for employees and their family.
- Company paid Life insurance equivalent to 1 year salary
- 401k participation after 90 days ($1:$1 company match up to 4.5%)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance and Education discounts
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Company uniform and protective footwear allowance
- Recognition program, quarterly bonus program, skilled based increases, shift differentials and more!
- Intimate knowledge and hands on experience with all aspects of line and machine operation and provides maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs of all machines and line equipment.
- Performs preventative and predictive maintenance, repair and installation of machinery and equipment, advanced diagnostic troubleshooting, as well as complete tear-down, rebuild, and re-manufacture of machinery and related systems.
- Executes daily machine checks, lubrication, machine start-up, clean-up, changeovers and adjustments to maintain the greatest operational efficiency.
- General electrical work including but not limited to layouts; assembling, installing and testing of electrical apparatus; measuring, cutting, threading and bending conduit; and installing, modifying, and repairing panel boxes, remote control equipment, motors, power and lighting circuits.
- Maintenance and calibration of micro-processor based control equipment, general instrumentation and electrical control systems to carry out first line diagnostic, troubleshooting and maintenance work.
- Read and understand relay logic and schematic diagrams as well as industrial power distribution and wiring practices.
- Troubleshoot, program, and/or replace Allen Bradley PLCs and three phase 240V and 480V motors as well as Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs).
- Operate various power tools including but not limited to torque wrenches, calipers, and gauges in a safe and proficient manner.
- Ensure accurate parts assignments and equipment histories are maintained.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years mechanical experience in a production operations or manufacturing environment
- Advanced skills required in the following areas: HVAC, electrical, mechanical, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, plumbing, carpentry, piping systems, welding and PLC programming
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics
- Manual dexterity required for operating machinery and computers
- Proficiency in computer programs such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook preferred
- Proficiency in English language required
The ideal candidate will also have experience in a food or beverage production facility. Preference will be given to applicants with water, beverage, dairy or food production experience. Internship opportunities are also available.
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work will involve bending, twisting, climbing, reaching, kneeling and lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; seatbelts, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, protective footwear, and hardhats. Oversized, loose fitting clothes, sleeveless shirts, open toe shoes, and jewelry are not permitted.