Schedule: Wednesday 11:00PM to 5:00AM and Thursday through Saturday 5:00PM to 5:00AM (40 hr work week) Reports to: Process Manager PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for maintaining plant and manufacturing equipment cleanliness, operation of sanitation equipment and use of chemical agents to sanitize production equipment.
- Use of cleaning devices and/or chemical agents to sanitize production equipment or environment
- May operate vehicles such as floor scrubber or forklift in execution of duties
- Responsible for maintaining sanitation supplies / materials
- Responsible for the training of new employees in the sanitation department
- Responsible for the grounds, machine cleanliness, and production surfaces in the facility
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe facility
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required and used daily. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with industrial cleaning equipment and supplies including chemicals such as acids, caustics, degreasers, using equipment such as foamers, scrubbers, pressure washers, steam machines, or cleaning stainless, conveyors, etc.
- Experience working in a food or beverage manufacturing facility preferred.
- Experience using computerized equipment and controls
- Forklift experience preferred
- RFD scanning experience preferred
- Must have time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in English language required
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves long periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, and reaching for the duration of the shift. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Work may involve exposure to chemicals. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: seatbelt use, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, respirator masks, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes, sleeveless shirts, shorts, skorts, skirts, capri pants (3/4 length pants), open toe shoes, and jewelry are not permitted.