Quality Assurance Technician
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7:00am to 3:00pm Reports to: QA/Compliance Manager PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for maintaining plant and manufacturing equipment cleanliness, operation of sanitation equipment and use of chemical agents to sanitize production equipment.
- Use of cleaning devices and/ or chemical agents to sanitize and clean production drains
- Operate a floor scrubber
- Exterior grounds cleaning
- Sweep, mop, scrub or vacuum building floors
- Clean windows, glass doors, mirrors, door frames and other high places
- Gather and empty waste receptacles, clean and line receptacles with plastic bags
- Empty recyclable cardboard and plastic into bailer machine
- Service and supply break-rooms and restrooms, including PPE, soap and paper towel dispensers
- Conduct fire extinguisher, pest control device, eye wash station/shower, including glass and brittle plastic inspections
- Ensure Sanitation Programs and SOP’s are followed to prevent microbial contamination.
- Maintain the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS) in an “audit ready” state.
- Follow PPE requirements all of the safety procedures at all times.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills are required and used daily. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with industrial cleaning equipment and supplies including chemicals such as acids, caustics, degreasers, using equipment such as foamers, scrubbers, pressure washers, steam machines, or cleaning stainless, conveyors, etc.
- Experience working in a food or beverage manufacturing facility preferred.
- Experience using computerized equipment and controls
- Basic MS office skills in Excel, Word and Outlook
- Must have time management and organizational skills
- Fluent in English language required
Working conditions are normal for a manufacturing environment. Work involves long periods of standing, walking, bending, twisting, and reaching for the duration of the shift. Work may involve lifting of materials and product up to 50 pounds. Work may involve exposure to chemicals. Working in this environment requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: seatbelt use, eye safety glasses, hearing protectors, respirator masks, work boots, and hardhats. Loose fitting clothes, sleeveless shirts, shorts, skorts, skirts, capri pants (3/4 length pants), open toe shoes, and jewelry are not permitted.